Vitruvian planning named Gold Level Bicycle-Friendly Business
The Bicycle Friendly Business crowd in Boise is getting bigger. Vitruvian Planning is thrilled to announce we are designated a Gold level Bicycle Friendly Business by the League of American Bicyclists.
Vitruvian is one of 49 businesses and agencies in the Boise area to receive the Bicycle Friendly Business title, and one of only six in the region to achieve Gold or Platinum status.
This designation reflects the personal commitments of Chris Danley and Don Kostelec to conduct our business in a manner that reflects the values we work hard to live by each and every day: That is that healthy, livable communities rely heavily on a safe environment that allows for bicycling and walking by people of all ages and abilities.
The Gold status reflects the following features of our office locations and our business values:
- Easy access to the Boise River Greenbelt and nearby bike lanes at both our downtown Boise and Bown Crossing locations;
- Shower facilities at our downtown Boise location;
- Indoor bicycle parking at both offices;
- Dedicated service and funding support for the Idaho Walk Bike Alliance;
- Both of our principals are League Cycling Instructors; and
- Leading efforts in planning, assessment and training to make places more bikeable and walkable.
Thank you to the League of American Bicyclists for this honor!
A full list of Bicycle Friendly Businesses can be found here: www.bikeleague.org
January 29, 2018
Vitruvian Planning will be conducting a half-day workshop covering the background, purpose and value of transportation planning models known as Complete Streets and Vision Zero. The workshop is free to attend and will be held from 8:00am-12:00pm, with optional mobile tours from 1:00pm – 4:00pm. Please contact us for more details if you wish to attend.
January 19, 2018
ULI has asked Chris Danley to be a panelist for an upcoming discussion on school siting. Chris will be speaking about the subject from a public health and transportation perspective. The event is Friday, January 19th from 7:30-9:30am at Sage International School. Contact ULI Idaho for more details and registration.